Friday, June 15, 2012

Body Language.

I want to apologize to those out there whom I abandoned, deserted, and just out right disappeared on. I think I reached a point and told myself, F*** it! Not the proper way to handle things I know. I have thought of a million ways to come back here and ask for your forgiveness for leaving you like I did, and for wimping out and giving up. None of them seemed good enough, not that this is going to be good enough either. I came back to give this another go and to try and set things right with everyone, and myself. I didn't just give up on you; I gave up on my body as well. It was trying to tell me something and I wasn't listening to it.

With the help of a translator, I have finally figured out what it has been trying to tell me for a while. Before I get to that let us talk about my translator. How does one translate for the human body? As you all know that we as humans are complex both anatomically, and physiologically. And while I have studied the human body in school, I did not go to school to be a translator for the human body. It takes years and years to learn this complex language that new words for it are being discovered everyday. Yet, there are people out there who study this language and most learn what it has to say to translate it for us. You are thinking, "I know that she is talking about a doctor so get on with it already, or what in the heck is she talking about?" I am not just talking about doctors, but all those in the medical profession because they are the ones that have to learn our body's language, and yes some have studied longer than others, but they are still important.

I sought out a very special body translator, one who could talk to my hormones, who are stubborn little things who sometimes like to cause problems inside you. All it takes is one hormone to act up and things can start to go wrong inside your body. I didn't know who exactly was acting out of line, but I was hoping the translator could help me out and see what they had to say. I went and saw April, who is a wonderful translator who specializes in hormone translation. Maybe they talk to her because she is so kind, caring, and you just can't help but tell her what you have to say. Maybe they were just getting tired of causing problems, and they were ready to say what they had to say. April was finally able to talk to my hormones and after some investigation found out that it was my Insulin that was causing problems. They just kept over reproducing in my pancreas and sailing of into my blood stream. This caused a problem with my glucose because the insulin just kept trying to get rid of them, so my body would turn them to fat just to make sure I had enough for later.

It turns out everything I was eating was turning to fat, even my fruit and veggies. So April had to do something about it, to get the insulin back in line and under control. I like to think she is sterilizing my insulin so they can't over populate my body again and scare the glucose into hiding. She prescribed me Metformin to help get my insulin balanced again. She also told me that I should try to eat low-carb foods and foods with  a low glycemic index to make sure my insulin levels don't get raised to high again. I started doing the new Adkins diet, and while I'm not counting my carbs I am aware of them. And I don't know if it is the medicine or diet but I've had almost no appetite. I eat when my stomach is growling, which I feel like is more often than it used to, but I have been smart about my choices.

I feel I have even been quite creative in the kitchen. I made my own Beef Stew recipe that turn out quite delicious and it way more healthy than other recipes I have had in the past. If you want to try it I will post the recipe below. So as of last Friday when I started I went from 255.4lbs to 250.8lbs. I still have a long way to go, but this time I will be able to see the results that I have been hoping to see.

Here is the recipe for the Low Carb Beef Stew:

1 lb. Beef Stew meat
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 cup Bean Sprouts
1/2 cup scallions, sliced
1 stalk of celery, sliced
1 can  Petite Tomatoes, diced
1 can French Style Green Beans, Drained
1 rutabaga, peeled and cubed
4 cups of beef broth
Italian seasoning to taste
1 bay leaf

1. Brown beef in olive oil on medium high in skillet. Do a little bit at a time and put into crock pot as it finishes. This puts some of the juice into the crock pot.
2. Use same skillet and put bean sprouts and scallions in it and stir around to pick up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, dump into crock pot.
3. Heat up celery in same pan for a few minutes and dump into crock pot.
4. Add can of tomatoes and green beans, and rutabaga to crock pot. Don't forget to drain your green beans!
5. Pour in beef broth into crock pot until covers the top of the ingredients. Stir until everything is well incorporated.
6. Season stew with Italian season to your taste and top with a bay leaf (Don't forget to take the leaf out when it's done!)
7. Cook on high setting for 4-6 hours.

It serves 8. Per Serving: Cal:114 Carbs: 10g Net Carbs: 5.2g Protein: 12g




No comments:

Post a Comment