Friday, October 8, 2010

Really? I mean really?





I can't believe I have been such a slacker on this thing. Has it really been since the end of July since I last wrote? Its not like I wasn't aware that I wasn't writing, Mr. Greg has been reminding me. Thanks Mr. Greg! I just can't believe it has actually been that long! For those of you wondering, I did not give up on my task. I just grew slightly lazy in my exercising efforts to become fit and fresh. I have steadied out at 250lbs which is not good at all but better than my 274 was it? The good news is that I will be starting back school in two weeks and possibly Curves next week. I do believe that Curves will be my best choice at the moment, because it seems to be a place a overweight woman like myself can go and work out with other overweight women and not feel self conscience about it. I mean if you think about it most of the men and women at a gym such as our local YMCA are already pretty much in shape or are in the I have almost reached my goal area. I figure this is because the other overweight people are having the same issues that I have when they see all this skinny people; a giant blow to the self esteem. It can mess with a person's head and even make us a little depressed. If you have ever been depressed or suffer from depression then you know how it is. Pardon my French but you just don't feel like doing shit.


On another note I have been working a lot lately since I haven't been in school this quarter and I think that is why I am angrier these days. I have been being quite the smart ass to my managers and fellow employees of late and I think maybe the whole retail thing has sailed its course. I mean sometimes you just get those customers that make you say, "Really? Did you really just ask me that? I mean really?" I am pretty sure me, Seth Meyers, and Amy Poehler  could do a pretty mean skit together. Watch This by the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PltaOs_ImVQ . I have decided that my place of work should have the colored lines like inside of a hospital so you can just tell people which color line to follow when they ask you stupid questions. Questions such as, "Excuse me, where are your socks?", "Excuse me, where is your fitting room?", and my favorite, "Excuse me, where is your bathroom?". I mean really? Do you not know that you wear socks with your shoes. If you have already checked the clothing section and you do not see them, chances are they are in footwear. Can you really not see that giant footwear sign hanging from the ceiling? And speaking of giant sign hanging from the ceiling, do you really not see the large 10 feet in diameter sign that says "fitting room" in the center of the store. The entrance is somewhere around that sign, do you think that you have to get beamed up there be a fellow apparel associate to get in? "Beam me up Scottie!" I mean really? I don't ask stupid questions when I go into stores. That is why companies spend billions of dollars on signage, to make your life easier, unless you want to be the idiot who doesn't even attempt to look at the signs.







I have to deal with that crap all day. Also we have t-shirt boxes at work and I have decided that they are pointless because even though it clearly displays the graphic of the shirt on the outside so you don't have to open the shirt up and make us refold them you are going to do so anyway, and not only that you are going to unfold five of the same shirt just to see how much bigger one is than the other. Which brings me to the next thing, you are going to come in shopping for clothes for someone else and not bring them with you, but you don't know what size they where? Really? "Yes I am shopping for my niece and she is about 5' 5" and 140 lbs, what size do I need for her?" I mean really? Does she have big boobs? A big butt? Is more of her 140lbs on her waist or in her thighs and hips? What is her freaking body shape?  I can just blurt out the first size that comes to me people, but I am not 5' 5" and I don't weigh 140lbs so I don't even know what I would wear let alone what a complete stranger would wear.

Also now I have this gentleman that calls me at least once a week. He always seems to call when I have the phone. I am thinking that he is a little mentally challenged and I have nothing against that it is just he calls once a week and asks me the same questions over and over again. He is polite and everything I  am just getting tired of talking on the phone with him for 30 minutes about what we do and do not have at our store. Is his calls not being monitored? Really?

This is all I really have to rant about this week. I have come to another conclusion but that will have to wait until next time. Once I join curves I will start back with my stats, I don't want to bore you with pointlessness until then.

K8ers

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was actually meant to be funny but I guess it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a site note, the time on these comments are off by 3 hours.

    On another side note, I'm commenting using Firefox in Ubuntu! Wee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good post. Unblock the other post! I want to see comments. This is not the USSR woman!! I cannot combat that which I cannot see. I really did not find anything really bad in this blog post....other than the word shit. Hey, it is a very descriptive word. Remember to put links into your blog using the link button. Had a great time with you this past weekend!

    gf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the title and the rant fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check this site out fyi

    http://www.firstourselves.org/2009/the-3-stages-of-healing-from-sugar-addiction/

    ReplyDelete